Duration: 1 Day
Who Should Attend?
Managers or staff who wish to improve their written communication skills and report writing.
- Produce a piece of business writing for a defined purpose
- Produce a piece of business writing that satisfies an organisation’s business writing conventions
- Use effective and appropriate tone, language and level of formality to meet specified standards when writing for a business purpose
- Incorporate basic statistics and visual material in the content or in an appendix
- The value of the written word in avoiding errors and providing permanent records
- Image, structure, layout conventions includingÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ “house styles”
- The purpose and conventions of letters, memos, reports and e-mails in use within the organisation
- Planning for writing, including use of available information and the needs of the recipient
- The importance of objectives and the reader
- Report structures ÃÂÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ to meet standard and specific requirements
- Incorporation of statistics and visual materials, and the use of appendices to enhance understanding
- Effective and appropriate use of tone, language, level of formality in a range of cases