Duration 1 Day
Who Should Attend?
This course is invaluable for everybody involved in working with people, projects or information. Those new to management who need to acquire and develop management skills. Also experienced managers who would benefit from re-acquainting themselves with the basics.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define the purpose and objectives of the management role
- Understand the different ways people manage and identify the most successful management behaviours
- Describe the basic principles of team building
- Demonstrate how to manage the performance of individuals and teams
- Understand what motivates people and how to develop that motivation
- Demonstrate the key skills of coaching
- Produce a personal development plan that will help you implement the learning.
- Understand management and leadership
- Establish how to build an effective team
- Establish where your team is in line with Tuckman theory
- Establish your leadership style
- Learn your Belbin type
- Understand the importance of performance management and setting objectives
- Understand ways to manage your time, examine your job role and work smarter
- Learn how to motivate your team
- Consider your thoughts on change and how to manage change
- Feel increased confidence to enable you to be a Brilliant Manager.