Duration: 1 Day
Who Should Attend?
Managers and supervisors who are responsible for the mentoring of apprentices and HR Professionals seeking to develop these skills, will also benefit from this course.
- Understanding the context for effective workplace mentoring
- Using key processes to achieve the best results from your apprentice group.
- What is mentoring?
- Why candidates need a mentor.
- Benefits of mentoring for the Apprentice and the Manager.
- Understanding the Apprenticeship programme.
- The process of mentoring.
- The skills of mentoring – creating psychological engagement.
- Keeping your candidate on track – inspire, motivate, action.
- Ask or tell? The best approach.
- The importance of regular monitoring.
- Dealing with excuses, lack of candidate commitment, falling behind.
- Stepping back and ensuring candidate takes responsibility.
- Making time for mentoring.