Duration 3 Days
Who should attend?
Project sponsors and anyone who may be responsible for overseeing future projects and project managers.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Determine the feasibility and risks associated with a proposed project
- Agree the goals and success criteria for the project
- Plan the project and identify the financial and other resources required, using a standard method and appropriate project management tools
- Select an appropriate project team
- Lead the project team to achieve project milestones and goals
- Monitor progress and take action to rectify problems or recover failure
- Manage the project budget
- Ensure full engagement of stakeholders with the project
- Reflect on and learn from the outcomes of a project
- The nature and purpose of projects
- Project planning and management approaches (e.g. use of CPA, Gantt charts)
- Feasibility and risk assessment techniques
- Project constraints (e.g. scope, time, and cost or finance, time and human resources) – their implications for project management
- Project management and leadership skills
- Identification and communication with stakeholders
- Monitoring and reporting on project progress and achievement of milestones and goals
- Project evaluation and reporting
- Using project evaluation to reflect on own performance and skills
These credits can be counted towards an ILM level 6 qualification upon completion of a work based assignment.