Duration 1 Day
Who should attend?
This is a workshop for managers and HR specialists consisting of facilitated discussion and exercises on the Competency Framework.
- Fully appreciate why a competency framework exists
- Understand the differences between technical and behavioural competencies
- Understand how and when competencies will be measured
- Establish what competencies are and the difference between Technical Competencies (skills, knowledge and experience needed to do the job) and Behavioural Competencies (“How we do things round here.”)
- Define the Culture of the organisation (what are the ‘symbols’ and ‘stories’ of your culture?)
- Examine and discuss – ‘The Cultural Web.’ ( “Exploring Strategic Change”)
- Look at the relationship between the Culture and the Competency Framework and consider how important the competencies are in supporting and developing the Culture.
- Discuss the behaviours needed to demonstrate the competencies and how they will be measured and by whom (appraising managers, customers, service users, etc.)