Duration 1 Day
Who should attend?
Anyone who may be required to offer help and support to others in the working environment.
- Practise the skills and attitudes involved in helping colleagues to solve their own problems.
- Understand what counselling can achieve and what its limitations are.
- Demonstrate how to use listening and supporting skills.
- Explore and practise ‘person-centred’ problem solving.
- Describe the difference between counselling and other forms of support and guidance.
- What are Counselling Skills and how are they used in the workplace?
- The positive uses of ‘power’.
- Adopting the correct attitude for counselling.
- The skills of active listening.
- Being disciplined with time.
- The ‘person-centred’ framework for problem solving.
- When and how to confront and challenge.
- Practising the skills of reflecting and summarising.
- Action plans.