Duration: 1 Day
- Demonstrate telephone competence and confidence
- Understand the do’s and don’ts of taking and making calls
- Demonstrate the skills of dealing with difficult conversations
- Create a personal implementation plan
- Anatomy of a telephone complaint: the difference in emotion from a face-to-face situation, and the tendency for the telephone to contribute towards increased hostility.
- Experiencing the immediacy of a difficult caller and how to deal with the first few seconds.
- Ignoring the hostility, but listening to the caller – being quiet but letting the caller know you are still with them.
- Understanding empathy and depth- empathy, and how to apply them.
- Diffusing-techniques using transactional analysis and assertiveness.
- Finding practical solutions and ensuring the caller feels valued.
- Ending the call and follow-up.
- Evaluating the substance behind the call and entering this into an incident-log.