Duration 1 Day
Who should attend?
People who wish to control and pro-actively use their mental toughness within the working environment.
- Be able to assess own mental toughness.
- Understand how mental toughness can be developed.
- Be able to plan how to improve own mental toughness.
- Importance and implications of mental toughness
- Where mental toughness makes a difference, performance, wellbeing, positive behaviours and aspiration
- MTQ48 (Model that measures control, challenge, commitment, confidence)
- Benefits (Work to demanding goals and targets, handle several things at once, respond to sudden change and demand, achieve despite setbacks and interruptions)
- Consequences (under-performance, stress related problems etc.)
- Developing attentional control
- Developing anxiety control
- Developing positive thinking and visualisation
- Effective goals setting
- Variety of tools for developing mental toughness
- Developing an action plan (current behaviours, goal setting, implementation practice, identification of what the difference in performance would be)
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Benefits of implementing an action plan
Credits 1 These credits can be counted towards an ILM level 4 Qualification upon completion of work based assignments.