Duration 1 Day
TOL – This can be booked as a Time Optimised Learning course
Who should attend?
Anyone who needs to create a CV or whose job entails them reading and interpreting other peoples CVs.
- Describe the contents of a dynamic CV.
- Demonstrate the skill of writing positive statements.
- Create a CV using Microsoft Word.
- Prepare for an Interview
- Understand Competencies
- Carry out Experiential Questioning using the STAR technique
- Understand the importance of Impact and Presence
- Make a presentation
- The Interview
- The Process
- Skills required
- Practice session
- Content, length and presentation of a CV
- How best to describe education, work experience, interests and activities, etc.
- Making positive statements
- Dealing with “gaps” and “job durations”
- Creating a CV with MS Word
- Questions you want to ask at the interview
- Appearance & Attitude check
- Evidence of past achievements
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience and Behaviours
- What the interviewer(s) is looking for
- Your Personal Qualities and Attributes (PQAs)
- The STAR Technique